First Trimester Surgical Abortion Patients: if you already have an appointment, please click here for your pre-appointment paperwork and videos. Completing this information will help reduce your wait time in the clinic. Your Homecare Packet can also be found here. If you are scheduled for a medical abortion, that paperwork is different and can be found here.
Before your appointment
- NO aspirin products for 48 hours before your appointment
- NO street drugs, marijuana for medical use or alcohol for 24 hours prior to your appointment
- You MUST PRINT OUT THE STATE CONFIRMATION MORE than 24 hours before your abortion appointment and bring it with you. If you don’t print this out WE CANNOT PERFORM YOUR ABORTION (this is Michigan law). You must bring the paperwork with you to your appointment. If you do not have a printer, you can come to the clinic and pick up the information MORE than 24 hours (not the night before) before your abortion appointment. Only viewing the information does not satisfy the state law.
On the day of your abortion appointment
- Take a warm bath or shower
- Wear underwear (no thongs)
- Bring an extra sanitary pad (not mini panty liners)
- Have a light breakfast before your appointment, unless otherwise instructed
- Expect to be at the Center for four to six (4-6) hours
- In order to receive sedating medication, you must have someone drive you home
- Bring only 1 guest, please
- Our waiting room is not set up for the needs of children
- Alert us to any medication you are taking or any medical conditions you have, for your safety
- Bring ID, please: the state requires us to check valid identification
- Be sure to bring your confirmation page (if you downloaded your 24 hour information from the SMI website)
- Remember to bring your insurance card to your appointment
- We accept many insurance plans, but we need to verify your coverage BEFORE you come in for your appointment
- Payment is expected in full at the time of your appointment
- If you need financial assistance, let us know so we can see if you qualify and we can be prepared when you arrive
- We accept cash and major credit cards
We are holding a place for you.
If for any reason you cannot keep your appointment, please call us. If you are not coming, let us offer your appointment time to someone else. Thank you!