Quick Start Birth Control — Family Planningto Fit Your Lifestyle and Personal Needs
Birth Control Options, Here for You
When you come to The Health Center for Women at Northland Family Planning for birth control, we will review all options with you.
Many of the women's birth control methods we prescribe are available through our on-site prescription dispensing service, often at prices that are much lower than can be found at retail pharmacies.
At Northland, you will have a private conversation with a caring health educator, who allows you all the time you need to ask questions about your birth control oprtions and share any concerns you may have.
Quick Start Birth Control Options
Birth Control pills
- Low cost birth control pills at Northland’s on-site prescription dispensing service
- Taken daily, will help prevent pregnancy
Depo-Provera (birth control shot)
- One shot every three months provides on-going pregnancy prevention
- Requires a short office visit for the injection (shot)
The Patch and the NuvaRing
- Pregnancy prevention for a month at a time
- After an examination, patients will receive a prescription
IUD & Implant (LARC)
- Mirena IUD: A hormone-releasing (levonorgestrel) IUD (intrauterine device) placed in your uterus to prevent pregnancy for as long as you want for up to 5 years
- Paragard IUD: A non-hormonal copper IUD placed in your uterus to prevent pregnancy for as long as you want up to 10 years
- Nexplanon: A hormone-releasing (etonogestrel) implant that is placed under the skin of your upper arm to prevent pregnancy for as long as you want for up to 3 years
Condoms and Foam
- Used by you and your partner every time you have sex
- Available for purchase at all our locations at prices MUCH LESS than at the pharmacy
- Also called Plan B or the Morning After Pill
- Second chance at preventing pregnancy
- Most effective within 72 hours but can be taken up to 5 days after unprotected sex
Quick Start Birth Control, to Fit Your Lifestyle and Personal Needs
Family planning helps you decide when to have a baby, but it also means much more than deciding what birth control method to use. Family planning includes screening services that help find serious health problems, such as low blood iron, high blood pressure and infections sooner.
So many advances have been made in birth control options. Our expert staff is up-to-date on the latest birth control methods, options and choices. Today, birth control is all about choices… you can choose the reproductive method that best fits your lifestyle and your needs.
Our fees are lower than any other family planning center around. Northland is a certified Healthy Michigan Provider — a program where eligible Michigan women can get free birth control.
Call us! We’d love to have a conversation with you as you plan choices for your reproductive health.